TECHNICAL SEO AUDIT
A site audit is one of the tasks I like to start every SEO campaign with because it can provide a baseline for future activity on a site after considering what is uncovered in the audit. It’s a deep-level drill down into the site; to a degree, an assessment of the health of a site. Auditing a site takes a look at the things that are working well and the things that may need more work.
- How easy is it for search engines to crawl and index the pages of your site?
- Whether URLs on the site structured in a search friendly manner that avoids having the same content at more than one URL?
- If there is duplicate content that may impact the rankings of your pages?
- Whether Schema.org vocabulary is used on your pages to define what data appear upon those pages to help search engines understand what those pages are about?
- Whether the Site is represented in search results well with sitelinks and an engaging and informative knowledge panel?
- If the site has a bricks-n-mortar location does it appear in local search results at the search engines?
- What best practices should be followed when creating or updating the content on your site?
- How might the structure of the site be impacting the rankings of pages on the site
- What’s the best way to organize the content on your pages for your intended audiences?
- What improvements to pages on the site can better the experience of visitors, such as Page Speed changes?
To find out how we can work together, contact me today and tell me more about your business and your site.
A site audit may include a review of these aspects of a site, including what is working well, and what might need more work:
- Canonical URLs (Best Page Addresses)
- Domain Access
- Links Home
- Capitalization in URLs
- Print Versions Duplicates
- Canonical Link Elements
- Rel Prev/Next Link (Pagination) Elements
- Internal Redirects and Broken Links
- Robots.txt File
- Meta robots noindex/nofollow
- Category/Site Structure (URLS and Information Architecture)
- Choosing File Names
- Custom Error Page
- HTML Sitemap
- XML Sitemap
- Hosting and Server Environment Identified
- Search Friendly Links
- External Links
- Duplicate Content
- Java Script
- Dynamic Pages
- Page Load Times
3. HTML Use/Analysis
- Deprecated HTML/HTML Validation
- Title Elements
- Meta Description Elements
- Heading Elements
- Image Optimization
- Anchor Text
- Schema and Markup Structured Data Usage
Get on GOOGLE’S TOP 10!
We’ve been working with website owners for more than 5 years, helping them make their websites and pages easier to find on the Web. Harnessing the power of online search engines through SEO is one of the best ways to enable new potential customers to your Retail website. Generate the sales that you deserve!
If you’re interested in the SEO services we offer, please include your domain or domains.
READY TO TALK?
Give us a call at
CONNECT WITH US